Last Week's Finds

If there's one thing my Current Husband says about my blog, it's that I don't feature enough of my charity shop finds. I am always, ALWAYS looking in charity shops, but of course quite often leave empty handed. 70% of the time this is due to there being nothing I want to buy, 30% it's because I have been exercising supreme will power.

This week I managed to resist buying a fab Meakin coffee set for £5. I don't drink much coffee so decided to leave it for someone else to enjoy. I hope my altruism means that it will find its perfect home.

Anyway, on to what I did buy:


A T.G. Green gripstand mixing bowl for £2. It's a classic design, and the slanted area at one side of the base means you can comfortably rest it on the table when tipping it up to stir. The 1930's versions of these bowls are very sought after. This one seems to be a more recent version, judging by the marks on the base (can't work out exactly when), but a steal at £2 nonetheless.



My local Salvation Army shop was having an 'Everything for 99p' sale. I picked up two duvets to use for dressmaking muslins. I think I might make a wearable muslin for a dress with the brown patterned one though. In 2 other shops I picked up a book for my holidays (50p) and a crochet throw (£1.49)

I'm in love with this new Hornsea pattern I've discovered - Summertime. I bought this pair of spice jars (I think) for £4.99.



Finally - possibly the best for last. A set of 3 Pountney & Co Bristol Ware storage jars. They were £3.50 each and in perfect condition. I was planning to eBay them since they seem to fetch between £13 and £30 each, but I'm not sure if I can part with them now. Keep or sell?

K x

16 comments:

  1. Wow! You must have a lucky radar going on! I couldn't part with those blue jars if they were mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bowl at the top is amazing! You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. I love charity shops too but have to exercise extreme restraint - the house is bursting at its seams already. Maybe I should start e-baying (if that's the verb) some of the collectables that I have packed up.
    Tricky one with the storage jars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh squee!! Clever you! I love Hornsea, even have a modern dinner set of it called Brecon Blue I believe in your part of the world, and Cotswold over here. Loverly finds. Do thank the Current Husband for prompting you to share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, love all your finds! The blue jars are so cute! I suppose you could always use them, and if you start to feel cluttered down the line, you could eBay them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaah keep keep keep! They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous that you scored those storage jars. They're so plan but quirky at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you find the greatest things! We need to go charity shopping together again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Hornsea set you found, it's much groovier than the usual style! What a fab bargain, you lucky girl. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. KEEEEEEEEEP! Those are to die for and you will not likely find another set! Love your Hornsea too. Great scores. Super jealous!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  11. apologies for my "Yoda" sentence previously!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep if you have room to display and enjoy them, otherwise pass on :) Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would sell the blue storage jars! The more of our thrift store finds we move along, the more we can bring home next time, right? That's my philosophy, anyway. The spice jars, however, would stay in my collection, at least for awhile. That chartreuse colour is retro fantastic but also totally of the moment! Stellar find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE THREE STORAGE JARS IF YOU DECIDE TO SELL

    ReplyDelete
  15. You lucky girl fins ding the Pountney jars. I had a set of 6 bought in 1980 in the midlands at a jumble for 50p each. Until the great London cupboard disaster of 1997 where they were destroyed along with all the crocks and glasses (yes some lovely deco ones too) since 1978....boo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry can't see how to edit that:
    You lucky girl finding the Pountney jars. I had a set of 6 bought in 1980 in the midlands at a jumble for 50p each. Until the great London cupboard disaster of 1997 where they were destroyed along with all the crocks and glasses (yes some lovely deco ones too) since 1978....boo hoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say