Violet Vanquished!

 

Yes, it's another Violet blouse! I'm happy to say that I'm much happier with this version than with my previous Violet . I'm not going to do a proper review, as I'm pretty sure this blouse has been comprehensively covered on every sewing blog, so this is just an overview.

In brief, I added 1.5 inches to the length and added a vertical dart on each side of the front to try and make it more fitted. I used a striped polycotton (I think) from a charity shop that cost about £3 and used covered buttons.
  

I'm pretty happy with how this blouse turned out but I still haven't quite cracked the fit. You might notice a little wrinkling in the upper chest/bust area. I think this is the same issue I had with my Peony dress, as removing some excess fabric from the same area would have helped with my issue with the neckline of the dress. Can anyone advise on this? Do I need to do a small bust adjustment?

 

 

So while I feel that I have banished the demons of my last horrible attempt at Violet, it's not an out-and-out victory.

Finally, a picture of me trying to make a squirming cat pose for a photo. She wouldn't.
K x

11 comments:

  1. Very cute - love that fabric! I think the fit looks great on you and I'm pretty jealous of your fabric covered buttons...I really must try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this one much better than your last attempt. Actually, this one is down right adorable. I'm not an expert in fit, but you may benefit from an sba. Since Colette patterns are made with a C-cup in mind, I know that when I eventually try one of their patterns I will surely be finding ways to reduce fulness in the bust area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful fabric...I think you improved this one so much by your fitting changes and also the color is better suited to the style and to your coloring. Really nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love the photo of you with the cat! Your blouse looks so nice :) I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is cute! That green is a great color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great colour and style on you - well done on this version...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerry, what a sweet Violet! It's such a pretty colour & it's perfectly timed for Spring! I still marvel at your charity shopping hauls! Anyway, not sure about the SBA, so cannot offer advice on that, sorry. But still, I'm glad you're reaping the Violet rewards after your first muslin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Demons be gone!

    Looking good. I really love the teal color on you. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're definitely getting there with this pattern, well done for making it work so well for you! I love the colour of your fabric, it's so flattering on you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color of this blouse on you! It looks a little too big everywhere, not just in the upper chest -- as if you were playing dress-up with a larger woman's blouse. Are the shoulders of the blouse too wide? I think you just need to take out about an inch from the center back and center front, next time you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I love it! I like blouses on the bigger side, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting - I love to hear what you have to say